Human Resources Generalist - Part Time
Wednesday, June 7, 2017
NOTE: Please see the submission requirements at the end of this position description.
Position Summary: The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for providing HR-related duties on a professional level and works closely with the Principals of KHH. This position carries out responsibilities in the following areas: benefits administration; employee relations; training; performance management; onboarding; policy implementation; recruitment/employment; and employment law compliance.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Administers various human resources plans and procedures for all organization personnel; assists in the development of personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains the employee handbook
- Monitors the performance evaluation program and revises as necessary
- Performs benefits administration, including claim resolution, change reporting, approving invoices for payment and communicating benefit information to employees
- Works closely with the Accounting Manager to maintain employee personnel and medical files to ensure legal compliance
- Update job descriptions as needed
- Conducts recruitment effort for all exempt and nonexempt personnel, interns, and temporary employees; sets up and participates in the interview process; conducts new employee orientations, writes and places advertisements
- Handles employee relations counseling, outplacement counseling and exit interviewing
- Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars
- Maintains company organization chart and the employee directory
- Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to continually improve efficiency within the company
- Maintains human resources information system records and compiles reports from the database
- Maintains compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefits law and regulations
- Social Media- utilize LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook to post company announcements and employment needs
- Maintains and promotes an effective continuing education program for employees, including internal continuing education for professionals.
- Renews and maintains the KHH sponsorship of continuing education for Professional Engineers through the NY State Education Department
- Prepares special events such as Year End Celebration, Summer Family Picnic and other office or company gatherings.
This position has no supervisory responsibility.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to type, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. This job also requires the opening and closing of file cabinets, bending and lifting files.
- A Bachelor’s degree in the human resources or related field
- Two to five years of human resources experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
- Good organizational skills
- Excellent attention to detail.
No travel is expected for this position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and list of three professional references to James D’Aloisio at firstname.lastname@example.org.